July 20, 2018

CHRISTOPHER TAMAS KOVACS


I continue to explore my fascination with time and entropy in my series New York.
By photographing multiple exposures from the same scene I show the contrast between the organized (the city) vs. chaos and disorder (the people).
I am fascinated with science, particularly with quantum mechanics and the possibility of a multiverse, or multiple, parallel universes, which also sets the stage for my style of photographic works.
I am also interested in exploring dreams, the subconscious mind and memory.
My photography focuses primarily on scenes containing elements of nature, architecture and people.
I capture “in camera” multiple-exposures of the same scene from different angles and later combines several multiple-exposure photographs together to form a single image.
C.T.K.